Position Opportunity for OPERATIONS MANAGER in Madison, Georgia
Headquartered in Tucker, Georgia, Brand-Vaughan Lumber (BVL) is a privately owned and operated provider of building materials, including framing, engineered lumber, doors, windows, siding, roofing, millwork and installation services. Established in 1946 in the Atlanta market, BVL is financially strong and operates 5 growing locations in Georgia. At BVL, we help our customers successfully build homes and commercial projects while providing career opportunities for our associates. We live our mission statement every day to “Deliver extra mile service and leave a positive impression through our commitment to the principle “Strength Lies Within.” If our mission and the desire to grow and learn in a great American industry is appealing to you, we would love for you to consider becoming part of our team.
Overview of Opportunity:
At BVL, the Operations Manager is a hands-on leader who ensures our teams understand and execute on our mission statement and maximize our productivity and profitability. A Brand-Vaughan Operations Manager must be a team player with strong leadership skills in operations and delivering customer service. This leader directs and manages location activities, including warehousing, yard operations and distribution. This opportunity includes successfully leading the 49,000 square foot warehouse and 2 acre yard overseeing shipping, receiving, pulling, inventory management, 5S and people. Managing the fleet, forklifts and all equipment.
Scope of Work:
- Coordinate and oversee location leadership and team members to maximize efficiencies and resources across all affected areas ensuring the understanding and execution of our Mission Statement.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute budgets and operational strategies for Madison with the Market Manager and company-wide Operations team.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and vendors.
- Ensure company and location expectations of productivity and commitment to delivering extra mile service are met.
- Open communication with all levels of associates.
- Manage expense budget to ensure successful compliance for location budget demands.
- Responsible for Hiring, training, and development of location employees.
Required/Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering or a related field. (Preferred)
- Working knowledge of operational budgets and safety/compliance requirements. (Required)
- MS Office/Excel skills. (Required)
- Minimum 5 years management experience in the home building industry. (Required)
- Demonstrated management experience, financial analysis, credit and legal adeptness, employee training and development, forecasting and budgetary planning, as well as strong expense management skills. (Required)
Who Are You?
We need people who:
- Are service oriented
- A leader of people as well as a manager of processes – serves others and teaches others business principles including leadership.
- OARS - Accept Ownership, Accountability and Responsibility for results through your commitment to the. principle, Strength Lies Within. Together, we do it better.
- A competitor – energized by competition and love to win. Respond well to having measurable goals and driven to produce results both yourself and with others.
- Possess intensity – this industry requires people who have stamina and endurance and are willing to work on themselves as hard as they do their jobs. High energy and focus are needed to be successful.
- Possess strong values – integrity and honesty. Refuse to cut corners, take shortcuts or compromise on doing the right things. Enjoy serving others and understand that in order to successfully lead you must be able to follow!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drugs Don't Work!