Operate a box truck that transports cargo to and from specified destinations. May also drive a pickup truck as needed. The Driver relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Must have a Driver's License, forklift license, and a driving record in compliance with company standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in loading of truck before each delivery run
- Check every load with the loader a Deliver materials to job sites after loading is complete
- Deliver materials to job sites
- Pick up materials from job site when directed by supervisor
- Call dispatch immediately if any issues occur while out on the road
- Always have a striker assist in backing up
- Check material after the order is dropped to insure accuracy and quality
- Arrive at work at by 5:00 a.m. every morning
- Do a pre-trip inspection every morning before leaving
- Report any un-safe conditions to your supervisor immediately
- Complete compliance with all DOT regulations and company safety policies
· Knowledge of safety policies while performing job responsibilities.
· Knowledge of company products/inventory available at location.
· Must have the ability to read maps and understand directions to job sites.
· Ability to read and comprehend pick tickets.
· Ability to perform basic quality control checks on the material they are delivering.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED); or equivalent work experience.
- Previous driving experience
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- Proven ability to understand maps and GPS to determine best routes possible
- Available to work overtime as needed
- Previous manual transmission experience
- Lift 50 lbs regularly
- Material training will be provided to qualified candidates
- Box truck experience
- Knowledge of building materials, trim, doors and windows
- Driving Experience in Metro Atlanta area
Work is performed primarily in an outdoor yard environment and warehouse and is subject to variations in temperature and weather. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 50 pounds regularly.
Click Here To Apply.
Brand Vaughan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE