Overview of Opportunity:
The Accounts Payable Lead is a hands on position. The applicant must be a team player with strong organization skills, an ability to multi-task, and must work well under the pressure of deadlines. The AP Lead oversees the AP department and will cross train and be able to fill in for all positions in the department.
Scope of Work:
- Receive/Print Inventory Invoices via email, fax, and USPS mail and sort by location
- Print daily receiving reports by location
- Match Inventory Invoices to Purchase Orders
Identify, research and help resolve variances over the allowed dollar amount and distribute paperwork to Inside Sales, Purchasing, and/or Receiving departments for correction and timely return to AP for payment to vendor
- Heavy volume invoice entry for payment
Prioritizing invoices for entry according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Daily trip to Post Office for drop off & pick up from PO Box
Sort & Distribute incoming mail by recipient
- Process check runs twice weekly
Match remittances to checks, obtain appropriate signatures and distribute or prepare for USPS mail accordingly
- Respond to all Vendor Inquiries and maintain positive relationships with all vendors
- Reconcile Vendor Statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain Certificates of Insurance
- New Vendor Setup and W9 maintenance
- Maintain and update multiple Excel spreadsheets daily
- Scan and maintain files and documentation thoroughly & accurately
- Assist in Month End Closing
- Provide backup assistance to other AP associate with regard to the reviewing and coding of expense invoices, as well as the auditing and processing of credit card bills – obtaining appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment, as well as the auditing and processing of credit card bills
- Assist with other projects as requested
Required/Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable Experience
- Some college coursework in accounting preferred
- Detail Oriented with professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic
- Strong problem solving skills and basic accounting principles knowledge
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook – 10 key by touch
Who Are You?
We need people who:
- Are service oriented
- OARS - Accept Ownership, Accountability and Responsibility for results through your commitment to the. principle, Strength Lies Within. Together, we do it better.
- Possess intensity – this industry requires people who have stamina and endurance and are willing to work on themselves as hard as they do their jobs. High energy and focus are needed to be successful.
- Possess strong values – integrity and honesty. Refuse to cut corners, take shortcuts or compromise on doing the right things. Enjoy serving others and understand that in order to successfully lead you must be able to follow!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drugs Don't Work!