Position Opportunity for Inventory Control Manager in Tucker, Georgia
Headquartered in Tucker, Georgia, Brand-Vaughan Lumber (BVL) is a privately owned and operated provider of building materials, including framing, engineered lumber, doors, windows, siding, roofing, millwork and installation services. Established in 1946 in the Atlanta market, BVL is financially strong and operates 5 growing locations in Georgia. At BVL, we help our customers successfully build homes and commercial projects while providing career opportunities for our associates. We live our mission statement every day to “Deliver extra mile service and leave a positive impression through our commitment to the principle “Strength Lies Within.” If our mission and the desire to grow and learn in a great American industry is appealing to you, we would love for you to consider becoming part of our team.
Overview of Opportunity:
At BVL, the Inventory Control Manager will report to our Chief Financial Officer, Dave Pavadore and will be responsible for a variety of activities to include training, leading, and providing our operations team with the necessary direction to keep our inventory under control. This job will require the ability to work with all levels of the organization and will have high visibility throughout the company. To succeed in this position, it will require an individual with good judgement, strong attention to detail, strong social sense, a positive attitude, and a pro-active work style. If you like multi-tasking and solving daily challenges in a fast paced family environment, this is a great opportunity.
Scope of Work:
- Monitor sales and inventory levels of certain sku’s
- Establishing inventory control procedures
- Establish cycle counting system
- Acting as quality assurance/load checker
- Go to person on system inventory – current and future ERP system
- Liaison to other departments regarding inventory issues
- Work with Store Managers on return policy and enforcement
- Establish and systematize inventory dashboard
- Work with store managers on credit procedures
- Work with store managers on transfer process
- Act as training specialist in inventory control procedures, etc.
- Works as part of ERP implementation team
- Participates in establishing department goals, objectives, and systems
Required/Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or associates degree plus experience equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years expertise in inventory control
- Effective communication skills
- Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent Oral communications skills and ability to deal with all levels of company
- Must be proficient with ERP programs
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- ERP Implementations a plus
- Building Materials industry a plus
Who are You?
We need people who:
- Are service orientated
- A leader of people as well as a manager of processes – serves others and teachers others business principles including leadership
- OARS – Accept Ownership, Accountability and Responsibility for results through your commitment to the principle, Strength Lies Within. Together, we do it better.
- A competitor – energized by competition and love to win. Respond well to having measurable goals and driven to produce results both yourself and with others.
- Possess intensity – this industry requires people who have stamina and endurance and are willing to work on themselves as hard as they do their jobs. High energy and focus are needed to be successful.
- Possess strong values – integrity and honesty. Refuse to cut corners, take shortcuts or compromise on doing the right things. Enjoy serving others and understand that in order to successfully lead you must be able to follow!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drugs Don't Work!